Jonny & Xena's Spread the Words Foundation, Inc.
A 501c3 non profit charitable organization benefiting Animal Rescue and Autism Programs.
Join us October 28 at Suwanee Town Center for the 3rd Annual GEICO Jonny & Xena Spread the Words 5k/FunRun/Walk, Festival & FREE Pet Adoption event *with approved application, benefiting our animals in need and our special needs community.
- Register TODAY Early package pick-up at Big Peach Running Co. Suwanee Location, Friday, October 27 3-7pm. All who pick up Friday night receive in store discounts on merchandise.
- Register from any where around the world with our Virtual supporter option. Virtual supporters will receive a race tshirt in the mail and a medal for all placed winners.
- Check-in opens 8am, 5k run/walk 9am, fun run 10am, festival 8-12:30
- All registered runners/walkers 21+ who crosses the finish line, will receive a FREE mixed drink compliments of Titos's Vodka
- Low cost microchipping sponsored by Peachtree Corners Animal Clinic
- Nail Trim for a donation by Holly's Mobile Grooming
- Trainer Alex from Peach on a Leash Dog Training & Behavior Services available to answer all training questions
- Many vendors selling, educating and advocating
- Food from Chillybean Coffee Co.
- Silent auction
- Entertainment from the Brookwood Elementary School Chorus at 10:30ish (after awards)
- HUGE blow up slide for our kids and adult kids to enjoy
- Dogs welcome, but if you don't have one, I'm sure we will have the perfect companion for you to adopt.
After the festival, join us at Ippolito's right there at the square....mention Jonny & Xena and a portion of your check will be donated to the Jonny & Xena Spread the Words Foundation, a 501c3 non profit.
On Oct 27, Friday night before the race, join us at Sugo, 10305 Medlock Bridge Road, Johns Creek 30097 for great food, great company, and a toast or two. RSVP to Linda at Jonnyandxenaspreadthewords@yahoo.com (I need a headcount)
***September 17, 2017***
T-Shirt Purchases coming again soon!
Who We Are
The Jonny and Xena's Spread the Words Foundation, a 501(c)(3) non profit organization, was founded because of the miraculous story of Jonny and Xena. Jonny was diagnosed with Autism and lived a very quiet life until he met Xena, a severely abused dog who was given a less than 1% chance of survival. Miraculously Xena beat every odd against her, but her miracles didn't end there. Xena became Jonny's companion dog and changed the life of a boy living with Autism.
The mission of Jonny and Xena's Spread the Words Foundation is to improve the lives of individuals living with Autism and other developmental disabilities. We "Spread the Words" of kindness, acceptance, hope and understanding through our educational programs, "Become the Pawsiblity". Xena and I visit and share our programs with schools, civic organizations, clubs, and with thousands of followers all around the world through social media. We fund raise, lend emotional support to families and financial assistance to Special Needs support programs. Because we strongly believe in the bond between exceptional people and animals, we support Animal Welfare organizations by fundraising, donating, fostering, volunteering and educating. Through our educational and support programs, we are able to enrich lives, both 2 and 4 legged, empower our special needs community, and "Spread the Words".
Intake September 15, 2012
Xena came into Dekalb Animal Services in Georgia as a stray after someone called regarding a stray puppy found in their yard. An officer picked up the puppy and arrived at the shelter around closing time with this girl. We gave her fluids and Nutrical, and a wonderful volunteer took her home.
1st few months
Xena's miraculous recovery was because of her amazing foster parents Chrissy and Aaron. Love, dedication and a strong will to live is why this Warrior is with us today.
Xena and Jonny
Xena came into our home on Feb 11, 2013 and we officially adopted her on March 25, 2013. An immediate bond formed between Xena & Jonny who has autism. This little girl went from survivor to savior.